Monday, May 4, 2009

Catching up

I realized that it has been since January that I last posted. A lot has happened, but then again it has been business as usual for us.

We are currently operating without the last two members of our team to go on leave. This means that we are closer to going home. We are actually under 100 days from being home.



Business as usual has gotten us all awarded with the Bronze Star Medal. Our IA Brigade has been highly successful and effective. Our awards are a reflection of thier accomplishments.
Here with our augments from 4-27, who received Arcoms.

Here newly promoted SGT Chase pushes for his new rank. 50 + 1 for his unit, +1 for the Mitt, +1 for himself.


Our new MRAPs. These babies are highly armored, and smooth riding. Of course they have their flaws: hard to steer and they don't fit anywhere.




The Caiman is quite an ugly ride.
A question was posed to me about our mailing address, the last four of the zip code. Personally I have never used the last four, nor recieved a package or letter including it. Our host unit, 4-27, didn't bother to tell us when our last day for mail pickup or where we could forward our mail. So those of us who have packages on the way will lose them when they are forwarded to Germany or when they are returned to the sender. Typical 4-27.
See you soon



4 comments:

Bodilove said...

I think your blog is brilliant, I love the pictures! The love of my life aka my BF will be at COP MEAD soon...I think that is where he is headed...at least that is what is written in the address he gave to me...I hope you all are safe!
more pictures please!!!

Dana said...

Hi Honey! Glad to see you are posting again! I know you have been busy though. Hope you are feeling better now.

Kids say hi and they love you between their sibling squabbles!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pictures. I hope to hear from my son eventually in the same way. He should be there at Meade now so googled it and got your blog. It makes it so much easier on me. I am sure he is busy getting settled in! Anyway, if you are still there and you run into PFC Guertin, tell him his momma loves him!

God Bless you for your service to our country!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.